planner

LDS Bookstore

Shop LDSBookstore.com

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Seeing Words Everyday Influences Us


The Munger family is a missionary minded family!  Becky Munger of VinylCrafts is the mother of nine children (six boys, three girls).  Her oldest (son) just returned from serving a mission to Brazil in December 2014.  Her second son (third child) is currently serving in the Washington Vancouver Mission and her oldest daughter (who is their second child) will be submitting her mission papers next week! 

Both Becky and her husband are returned missionaries.  He served in Japan and she served in the Philippines.


Together, they own and operate VinylCrafts, where they handcraft decorative wooden signs and home décor.  Come take a look!
 

http://missionarymommamall.com/search?type=product&q=crafts
Perfect welcome home gift for any missionary. 
Customized with meaningful names and words from their mission experience.

 
Seeing words everyday influences us                            
I love words. I have always been a talker and words have always come easily for me. I love reading inspiring words and meaningful words. And I love home decor. I love how amazing it is to be able to move things around and give a new feel to a room. Or how magical it seems to transition from summer to fall just by adding new decor and lighting wonderful smelling candles. How it seems officially Christmas when all the decor adorns the walls, tables, and doors of your home. And so it became a natural marriage between the words I love and the decor I love when I decided to start my own business. When I first started, I thought I would just do vinyl decals . . . but one day I found myself having to remove a vinyl decal because I decided to redecorate a room. And then I found myself peeling off Christmas words and sayings after the holidays were over. So I knew I needed a way to put these words onto something that would be more mobile, more permanent. So I began designing wooden signs. Signs that are meaningful and significant. Signs that make us laugh or remind us of our wedding day. Signs that remind us of family rules and family moments. We started with just vinyl on our signs and now we offer both "all paint" signs that have a vintage and distressed look and painted signs with vinyl lettering that give a more "clean, crisp" look to the piece. We offer signs that are keyholed in the back so it hangs flush to the wall or signs that are boxed out to give the piece a canvas like look. We offer large signs and small signs . . . pretty much any sign you need.

Many of our signs are made from high quality mdf. The mdf we use is an Eco-Certified Composite and is certified as meeting the sourcing requirements for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. We also use pine and high grade maple plywood in our signs, depending on the treatment needed to achieve the finish requested by our customers. Each sign is handmade by us from the design to the finished product.

I started this business because I love design and I love home decor. Thanks to our fantastic customers and some amazing opportunities . . . it has grown to become a wonderful and thriving full time family business. Beyond those opportunities, I have felt blessed to make signs that have had immense significance to my customers. Signs that reflect songs sang to babies, moments that led to marriages, memories with best friends, and words that describe years of family commitment. Because words mean things. And when we encase those words in the medium of wood and paint . . . we have home decor that starts conversations.

Click Here to Purchase                   

No comments:

Post a Comment